At or close to the end of the field-work day—or at the approach of lightning storms—take time to dismount and pack up the GNSS equipment carefully. This helps to preserve its current condition and long-term working lifetime.
- Turn off each receiver by pressing the power button until all lights go off. It does not matter which receiver is turned off first.
- Carefully dismount the rover receiver and mobile phone from the telescoping survey pole. Telescope (collapse) the survey pole and store it in its case with its rubber point protector.
- Carefully dismount the base receiver from the 15-cm extension rod on the survey marker.
- Carefully remove each receiver antenna by carefully unscrewing it. Reseal the blue rubber LoRa gasket on each receiver; store the receiver in its case; store the antenna in the lid of the case; and store both receiver cases in the GNSS bag.
- Dismount the 15-cm extension rod from the survey marker and store it in the GNSS bag.
- At the end of each day of field work, the both receivers and mobile phones should be charged in the lab in preparation for the next day of field work.